Events & Festivals
- Pongal Festival
Pongal Festival celebration of Every year in Janaury 15th
- Kumari Thiruvizha
The Kumari Thiruvizha held every year of the May. All residents and visitors take part in the festivities Various Cultural Activities were conducted in this festival put up too and the festival draws many visitors from nearby places.
- Vavubali Exhibition held at Kuzhithurai
Every Year Tourism Department a Tourism pavilion was set up with important Tourist Places of Tamilnadu and Kanniyakumari District Photographs were exhibited for promoting Tamilnadu Tourism.
- Festival of Devi Kanyakumari Temple
- Vaikasi Visagam – Vaikasi Visagam Festival is celebrated for 10 days.
- Navarathiri – Navarathiri festival is celebrated for 10 days.
- Thirukarthigai -Thirukarthigai Festival is celebrated for 1 day.
- Aadi Ammavasai -Aadi Ammavasai Festival is celebrated for 1 day.
- Thai Ammavasai -Thai Ammavasai Festival is celebrated for 1 day.
- Festival of Arulmigu Thanumalayan Temple, Suchindram
- Month of March
Every year last Tuesday in the tamil month of “MASI” was celebrated as Masi Magam Festival.
- Month of August
Every year in the tamil month of “AVANI” was celebrated grand Festival.
- Month of December
Month of April
Every year in the tamil month of “CHITHTHIRAI” was celebrated grand Festival.
- Festival of Mandaikadu Temple
- Every year last Tuesday in the tamil month of “MASI” was celebrated as Mandaikadu Kodai Festival. Festival will start ten days prior to this Tuesday.ie, Sunday with flag hoisting in flag mast of the temple.
- At the time of flag hoisting , morning priest along with devotees went for a holy bath and return with a pot of holy water .that holy water will sprayed all over the temple premises and cleaned. Then only the festival will start.
- In continuation with this throughout 10 days every day 8.30 pm after the poojas held over, the goddess will procession around the temple streets.
- It is a sixth day festival which held on Friday within the kodai festival. Even though poojas done for all 10 days.Pooja done at 8.30 pm in this sixth day has more importance and speciality.Lot of devotees will take part in this occasion.
- Odukku Pooja was held on the tenth day night at 1am.this is the last pooja of mandaikadu kodai festival.
- Once the kodai festival was over , coming eighth day Tuesday will be called as Ettam Kodai. In the Ancient days , people around the nearby village peoples took part in this occasion. But nowadays people from all over district and nearby kerala state coming in large numbers to celebrate this festival.
- Special bus services are operated from nearby towns for the devotees transportation.
- In the tamil month of panguni,star panguni will occur on one day. that day will be celebrated as bharani kodai. Peoples around the mandaikadu area believe that goddess mandaikadu Amman born in this day.
- Francis Xavier’s Cathedral, Kottar, Nagercoil,
The annual festival is celebrated during November – December, lasting for 10 days.