The Revenue Department functions with the following broad objectives:
- Providing efficient delivery of services of various Government schemes to the people of Tamil Nadu.
- Providing relief and implementing rehabilitation measures for those affected by Natural Calamities.
- Functioning as the custodian of Government lands and ensuring proper maintenance of land records for the State.
- Implementation of Land Reforms and providing land to the needy and eligible persons.
The department serves the needs of farmers, students, unemployed, weaker sections, entrepreneurs and Industry by providing a range of services like issuing a wide range of certificates essential for accessing a host of services and benefits ranging from credit, scholarships, community registration, birth and death registration, legal heirship, income status, mutations of land records, licences etc. In addition, Revenue and Disaster Management Department plays a vital role in the conduct of Elections under the superintendence of the Election Commission of India.
Since its inception, Revenue and Disaster Management Department has often taken the lead during crises, be it man-made or natural disasters. Revenue and Disaster Management Department reaches out to all during disasters and plays a critical role in organizing rescue, relief, rehabilitation and resettlement to the needy. The department has since been renamed by the Government of Tamil Nadu as Revenue and Disaster Management Department acknowledging the centrality of the Department in the entire gamut of operations in disaster Management.
The following is the list of Revenue Department officers, who assist the District Collector, in the General Administration of the District.
- District Revenue Officer at Nagercoil.
- Personal Assistant (General) to the Collector, Nagercoil
- Personal Assistant (Accounts) to the Collector, Nagercoil
- Sub Collector, Nagercoil
- Revenue Divisional Officer, Padmanabhapuram
- Asst. Personal Assistant (LAND)
- District Supply Officer, Nagercoil
- District Backward Classes Welfare Officer, Nagercoil
- District Adi-Dravidar Welfare Officer, Nagercoil
- Assistant Commissioner (Excise), Nagercoil
- Deputy Director, (Mines), Nagercoil
- Tahsildar, Vilavancode
- Tahsildar, Kalkulam
- Tahsildar, Agasteeswaram
- Tahsildar, Thovalai
- Taluk Supply Officers in each of the 4 Taluks.
- Special Tahsildars (DRS) in each of the 4 Taluks.
- Divisional Excise Officer, Agasteeswaram
- Divisional Excise Officer, Kalkulam
|S.No||Revenue Division Name|
|S.No||Division Name||Taluk Names|
|Revenue Divisions||No.of Taluks||No.of Firkas|